What is Local SEO? – Updated 2021
What is Local SEO?
When you want to promote your business, local promotion seems like the best way to go. Sure, you can try to showcase your brand and products to a global audience, but more often than not you have to sell your items locally. And that’s where the need for Local SEO comes into play.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a set of techniques that you can use in order to rank your website better for your local audience. The idea is that you need to focus on adding in geographical area features, information and content that potential customers will want to see and check out.
The interesting thing to note is that whenever you are looking for something like shopping mall or coffee shop, Google will automatically list companies in your area. So if you’re representing a business, you do want to make sure that you’re listed there.
And that means you have to create a website, use local keywords and also create a Google My Business page. All these things will make it easy for you to improve your local presence. It will help boost your local SEO too, not to mention it will be simpler and way easier to just generate leads and customers in the long run.
Local SEO tips you might want to use:
- Always add the physical address, phone number, location and every piece of information that you can. The more information you add, the easier it will be for your potential customers to trust you. There are lots of scams online, so it’s important to showcase your location and other relevant info. Make sure that the name, address and phone number you share match the ones on Google My Business.
- Ideally you want to add a map to your location on the site, it helps for local SEO and it’s great for customers too.
- Create different web pages for every shop location you have. Yes, it’s extra work, but it does make the process easier for you and it will bring in amazing results if you use it right. You can go even further and create every localized service or product its own page
- Don’t hesitate to use citations if possible, they come in handy for Local SEO.
- Make sure that you use website directories for local businesses. These help you promote your business with ease, and customers will also find it a lot simpler to find your company based on what they are looking for.
- Use local keywords in your content. That will make your content more relevant for your local area. And yes, the content will also be a lot easier to find as well.
We encourage you to harness the power of Local SEO and you can try using it right away thanks to these tips listed above. Depending on your industry you might have to make some changes here and there, but results will indeed pay off big time if you do this right. Follow the tips listed above and always try to provide customers with great local content, you will not be disappointed!
Some other great articles from Chess SEO
Also please like and share our social channels